Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cheers!!!


If I have a chance to go to Tokyo, I definitely won't drink the local coffee. My dislike of the coffee came from my unpleasing encounter with it in Blue Bottle S.F. last Saturday. Mr. WB and I walked into the cafe, and I had unexpected courage to try new coffee. Out from the coffee list on the menu board, I bet my dice on the New Orleans and Tokyo Ice Coffee. A mustached coffee master presented the two ice coffees in front of me fast and furiously (he didn't have a smile on his face at all). He poured the milk into the New Orleans, and the creamy milk swirled slowly down into the dark coffee. I thought that he would do the same with the Tokyo; shockingly, he didn't. At that moment, I knew that I lost half of my bet (It was Mr.WB's Birthday, who's cared). We found seats at the conner and each of us took a sip of the two coffees. Omg!!! The Tokyo tasted like sour plum. I hoped to change the taste by adding sugars and cream. My magic touch didn't work at all, the coffee tasted like soy sauce. Okay, I pushed it aside and finished the creamy New Orleans instead.   

After we left Blue Bottle, we followed our B-day plan accordingly. Seeking a well fitted suit, eating a great birthday dinner, and drinking at Single Barrel were a fabulous B-day trip in a nutshell.

Cheers!!!

P.S. UCC coffee is still the best so far.           

No comments: