Saturday, June 2, 2012

District Two


Last Sat, I realized that the area that I am living in is differentiated as district two of San Jose. Shockingly, I haven't known my neighborhood thoroughly after eight years. I am definitely a bird in a cage with a clueless mind. I need a professor who can assign me an urban treasure hunt project right now. So, I can go outside and explore every interesting spot of San Jose. Actually, I can do that without a project in hand.


150 reminded me of First Friday night yesterday. Of course, I couldn't miss it this time since Mr. WB didn't need to work. My first surreal moment was when I encountered a group of naked people. In fact, they were not naked at all; instead, they were covered in paint. All the body art models stood inside some light boxes background and posted. Sometimes, they walked out from their habitants and walked around the street. After I had enough of the naked people, I passed all the vendors and went to a cafe at the head of the street. I knew that it was too late at night to have a cup of coffee, but I was just too "clueless" to stop myself. Thus, I walked in the cafe and heard a male voice singing some French or Italian classical songs. All the audiences in the cafe looked at the singer without blinking their eyes because he was such a great performer. By the time my coffee was ready, the performance had ended. Sign...my caffeine crash should kicked in earlier.

No comments: