31st May, 2010
First Stop- Big Basin Redwoods State Park
Big Basin Redwood State Park is the oldest state park in C.A. The redwood trees in the park are probably the oldest as well. One of them can be traced back to Byzantine period. However, most of the trees are dying. They collapsed and hollowed. This natural phenomenon shapes trees into different patterns and forms.
Before I got the chance to see some of the oldest trees, I almost got motion sickness on my way to the park. Winding road came one after another. The moment when I walked out from the car and took a deep breathe of the fresh air, I was relieved. Then I realized that I didn't have enough outdoor activities. The last two years of my college life was about how to finish my projects. I only stayed at home and looked at the screen of my Mac. When I saw the Redwood trees' trunk shooting high into the sky, I felt alive again. Except the trees, a trip with my parents and my brother was what I had been longed for. Finally, Chan's family was in action again.
So, this was the beginning of my 2010 road trip. My father rented a car and drove us to the rest of our destinations. He loves to drive in the U.S. because he feels free.
So am I!
No comments:
Post a Comment