Academy of Science in San Francisco
The architecture roof was covered with layers of green grasses. The green roof wrapped on top of two domes and formed in a continuing wave of grass. When I first went into the architecture, I didn't feel that I was in an indoor space. The circular skylights and the elongated window panels made the space looking bigger than its original size. The indoor rainforest, possibly, was the most attracted site in the museum. The rainforest was inside a huge transparent dome. From environment to weather, it gave visitors real feeling of a rainforest. As if the rainforest was grown from the earth naturally, and the dome was added on top later. Birds and butterflies flied around people in close distance. Sometimes, they almost flied into my face. Except birds and butterflies, there were many unusual animals. Such as, white crocodile and very sticky frogs. Sam, Shirley and I stayed in the rainforest a long time: we almost missed all other sites. The museum shouldn't close so early, they should open until seven during summer. But that's o.k.~ I definitely will visit again.
No comments:
Post a Comment