Monday, September 5, 2011

Gù Dì Chóng Yóu: Berkeley, C.A.

My father and I visited a Chinese restaurant at Berkeley six years ago. We both forgot the name of the restaurant, but the memory of the taste is still lingered. I have always wanted to revisit the restaurant. Mr. Li suggested to search it on Google. The only keyword came into my mind was "粉皮". Fortunately, I found it immediately because the restaurant is very famous. "粉皮" is one of the house special dishes. After an hour drive, we arrived at the Great China. We passed by it's red wood door when we were looking for a parking space. Finally, we found one right at the conner. I thought that the restaurant was located at a deserted area. Instead, it is located at Berkeley downtown. I got a wrong impression because my last visit was at night time. Finally, I got to see the place in daytime.

After our late lunch, Mr. Li and I walked around downtown and Berkeley campus. I couldn't believe that I could geographically locate places. I could tell which way to go to Telegraph Avenue on campus. The few days when I lived with my dad in Berkeley must had been wonderful and explorative. If not, I wouldn't remember Berkeley that well. At that time, I was still a high school student who was wondering the life of a college student. I wasn't an alumni of Berkeley, but I had attachment of the campus.

Thanks Mr. Li for the idea, lunch, ice cream sandwich, and secondhand hat

No comments: