Friday, December 18, 2009

An Uncut Crystal

I have wanted to write this down since I finished my last class in college.

One night, Sam and I talked about the issues that we are facing. We shared a lot until he mentioned something about an uncut crystal. I paused my thought and claimed, "an uncut crystal is not relevant to our subject". Then, he explained that we were similar to the uncut crystals. We are waiting for enhancement and polish. I paused again and thought in my heart, "is he processed by a long lost poet? What a simple and sophisticate metaphor for our lives". At that moment, I recalled another memory about an uncut crystal and a song.

I sang with my hoarse voice:

Country road
Take me home
To the place
I belong~

I felt relieved after I heard the whisper of my heart.

Whisper of the Heart by Studio Ghibli- An old man in the story talked about how people are resemble to an uncut crystal.

No comments: